Friday, July 23, 2010

What is the most precious thing that we own?

The most precious thing that we own is OUR TIME..
This was bought home to me yesterday when someone said, "thank you for giving me some of your time"... and this morning I began to think just how precious TIME really is.
How we dont seem to have much of it - yet the day has not grown any shorter, but we seem to have much less of it now...we are stretched to breaking point.
We worry about time "catching up"or "losing time" or living in the "now"or living in the "future"or in the "past"....we are said to be "time poor"....
We give our time gratefully or .....begrudgingly. We dont have time to enjoy ourselves.
We, more often than not, say..."I just dont have the time" and spend our lives running from one thing to the next not really enjoying any of it.
We dont have time to meditate, to sit and contemplate our navel...to read a book or just to talk...to talk properly by actually sitting with someone and looking them in the eyes and connecting.
Its all about "quick"....facebook, email, text..........................
fast...dont connect...dont look ...dont think....is it really that unusual that we are all disappearing"into the great melting pot of humanity and become "just another cog in the wheel"? Our only identity is that which we can identify with on a facebook page....but do we actually exist in the real world...

Do I have time to fit in my own family into my busy life?
Do I have time to actually enjoy and remember what I had for breakfast?
DO I have time to spend with a friend who is grieving?
And why should I be thanked for giving something that really costs nothing????......my time!
Has it become such a precious thing that it now has this unforseen value - that I have to pick and choose who gets a piece of it?
Do I have to be thanked when I do give it away?
Yet, I also thank people for their time - it seems to be a gift to get some. It is a rareity.
Consider.................
Give the gift of time to someone you love TODAY.

1 comment:

Sticks and Stones may break my bones.....