Sunday, August 1, 2010

A weekend of good and bad

I think I learnt as much from my good experiences this weekend as I did from my bad - and I did have both.
There is something to be said about experiencing rude and arrogant characters who treat you like crap. You learn that you dont have to take ( but that somethimes you do ) that and that you would not do the same to others, especially in a professional scenario.
Also I learnt about networking and the value of putting yourself in a situation where you are asked questions and you really DO need to know the answers.
At our last career coven class we discussed just how well we all really know what we do and what we stand for...yet placed in this same situation where I had to explain myself, I found it rather hard - so, in fact, I discovered that my ideas about what it is that I do have changed and I need to find a way to talk about it when asked without falling over my words in the process.
Public speaking is a challenge  - I get rather nervous but to see some very passionate people speaking about their skills and modalities with such emotion and dedication was a wonderful opportunity.
Thanks to the Hunter Business Centre - we are now part of the Wellness Web in Newcastle!

2 comments:

  1. Well stay away from nursing than , you have to explain everything you do every minute of your day. You write process notes on everything, and have justify everything, and you are questioned at a drop of hat, than you have to still justify. I am SICK OF IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vicki xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool,but dont be to hard on yourself,we have to learn somehow.x bee

    ReplyDelete

Sticks and Stones may break my bones.....