Friday, May 3, 2019

100 Days of Wykd Witchy Wisdom - Day 5 - Do you have to be a hereditary witch?

This whole saga of being a hereditary witch or a new age witch, and which one is more valid than the other, is one that does not gather us together but tears us apart.

It can be the cause of making people feel inferior for no good reason.
It can also give false superiority to some who take advantage of it.

We need to be less judgemental about people's reasons for joining the clan/fold/coven/sisterhood/brotherhood and embrace them and not be dismissive if they are the first in their family to take this path.


Most of those who are born into witchy families know they have that in their ancestral line.
Some do not - for some it is a well kept secret.
If you were born into a family of witches then you are one lucky so and so!!

Congratulations and may you continue that line with your family, your children and your children's children.

For most others who choose this path it is the beginning of a new line of witches and this decision should be respected and cheered.

People have made the distinct choice to leave old belief systems behind and be the first to make the change are, to me, as valid as having a long history of cunning folk in their bloodline.

My own heritage is SLAVIC and I have only just started to venture down the path of understanding those magickal practises.I rejoice that I have this ancestral bloodline and it is my life's purpose to find out all that I can that will connect me with my ancestors. But I started with different customs and pantheons and tried a number of different ways before choosing to step into my own ancestry - there is no right or wrong.


Finding yourself can take a long time - so go slowly until you find what fits for you.
The great thing about this path is that there is so much choice and there is choice within choices.
Keep searching until you feel you have found your way.

Don't deter anyone else from their journey either - no one has a right to claim this as their 'own' and refute another person's quest to find their identity within this amazing, beautiful, earth based spiritual practise.

TODAY'S PIECE OF WYKD WITCHY WISDOM SAYS:

WE ALL COME FROM THE GODDESS
AND TO HER WITH SHALL RETURN
LIKE A DROP OF RAIN
FALLING TO THE OCEAN



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sticks and Stones may break my bones.....