Sunday, May 23, 2010

The day after the evening before!

Nice bruise happening!
Well I actaully managed to get out and about today.
We got some of those herbal patches from the local Chemist ( they are fantasic for reducing swelling ) and rebandaged tightly and I hobbled off regardless of pain - well, God damn it - it was my last full day in Toyko and there was no way I was going to stay in the Hotel room even if it took half an hour to cross the road!!!!
Hubby wanted to go to the Sword Museum so that was first stop and then we ended up standing on a corner in a hypnotic trance by the lights of Shibuya - thats after we eventually worked out how to get out of the subway...this is the place that has about 200 different entrances and exits and there are guides to help people make their way through the catacombes underground..
Thank goodness there are restaurants and toilets to save us poor wreched souls who may be trapped and lost for days at a time going around and around in circles.....
Heaven forbid anyone ending up down there on their first ever expedition out in Tokyo...they would be likely to  have heart failure and get the first taxi back to the airport...
I am sure that at one stage more people passed me just crossing the road than the total population of Newcastle....and all with umbrellas!!! ( yes...its raining )
I reckon it would be very easy to lose an eye and we wouldnt want that to happen now would we....
My hobbling was at times quite slow so it tended to take quite a bit longer today, but I actually enjoyed to slower pace - but we managed, and then we had stacks of chocolate cake for dessert which hubby made a special trip to get ( auwwww!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sticks and Stones may break my bones.....