Sunday, April 18, 2010

Only a step away from the burning times....

Just when you think that we have stepped up into times of greater religious tolerance it does not take much to drop us back a few centuries, does it now...
Just a few incidences this weekend have sent me in a spin.

I have come up against a number of hostile attitudes about my beliefs over the years and every time it happens it surprises me!

Because I know that I am not doing anything wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I wonder why others think that I do?
Why do some consider pictures of the Goddess ( and angels too ) as  idols yet pictures saints or of Jesus hanging on a cross is not!!!!
That praying or chanting to my Gods is any different from praying or singing to what some believe is the one and only God! ( well, maybe I just answered my own question......)
I wonder how many other religions/faiths are as tolerant of others as we are?
How many consider every action as having consequences, that make one responsible for every thought, that hold the earth and every living thing as sacred...
That allows for growth and individuality and compassion to all.

And yet I am to be made to feel evil and ostracized?

I dont believe in the devil - he does'nt exist except in the minds of those that feel there is a good manipulative reason for him to exist...
Some people need to get over themselves...
so where is the love?

ok...thats my rant.

2 comments:

Sticks and Stones may break my bones.....