Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Keeping up the Momentum

Do you have a "dip"day of the week?
That day that always seems to be the hardest one, the one where you just seem to lack the oomph to move on?
Mine seems to be Thursday........usually because it is the longest ( if I am working - and it throws me back to my days selling calendars when I would start my day at 8am and not finish work till 9pm that evening ).
So Thursday still seems to be the one where I wish it would just happen.
Just finished a good book called "The Secret Supper", a story based on the work of Leonardo Da Vinci's "Last Supper"....
A lot of facts wrapped neatly around a story line of intrigue...it reminds me very much about the symbology used to create the religious art of past centuries. The artists who risked their lives to fulfil thier dutites to their patrons that requested artworks to be created  for frescos and painting to hang in halls and churches yet created a special dialogue only available to the "chosen few"who could decipher and understand the secrets. Every part of the painting had a secret meaning...or a double meaning if the real meaning had to be kept hidden .....so interesting...just like the tarot.

2 comments:

  1. my dip day is most certanly Monday and I would love to read that book.....where did you find it....

    ReplyDelete

Sticks and Stones may break my bones.....