Friday, February 5, 2010

Is it winter yet?

Never thought that I would say it but I think that I will be looking forward to the cooler weather this year. This humidity makes me feel like I am melting. I feel like I weigh 500kgs ( no comments from my hubby here please )
and I am not really motivated at all to do anything.
I need to maybe look at a motivational spell to get me up and active  - I need to lose some weight before I explode, I have to clean the house before I can no longer find the floor, I need to do some art and work on some workshop material.The bloody computer is too addictive and is an incredible time waster.
I also need to look at finding more organic foods, I have been watching a program on SBS called "Gourmet Farmer"about this fellow who lives in Tasmania and has "gone bush". He grows his own veges, has chooks, pigs, etc and shows us how to live off the land and to barter with neighbours for everything that you need. The scenery is stunning ( Tassie of course ) but the food is amazing!
Just shows us what crap we eat from the supermarkets. He went to an orchard where a grower has over 200 varieties of apples - some are small, some look pretty ordinary and most are not accepted by the supermarkets, but one thing these apples have is FLAVOUR!
He showed us how to kill chickens in a humane way, as humane as can be expected.
How much bad karma are we getting from chooks that spend their whole life traumatised and then die in a most awful way?
This cannot be good....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sticks and Stones may break my bones.....