Monday, February 1, 2010

The truth has many faces...

Its a bit like asking witnesses at a car crash to describe what they saw...everyone will have a different view and give different details.
Sometimes my life is like a car crash and I try to see everybody elses perspective of it.
This stops me from doing what I need to do.
It has not worked - it doesnt work.
Some people get hurt in a car crash and some people seem to walk away without a scratch.
But, I dont think anyone really walks away without a scratch, even if it looks that way...
So I have been ever vigilant about avoiding car crashes...but I really cant anymore.
I looked at some photos of my mum yesterday - she spent her whole life working for her community for free.
Yet she was slandered, gossiped about, argued with, been told she had a huge ego and was self centred and only did it for her own benefit. Her whole life, and therefore my whole life, revolved around the self same people who made her into a victim of their abusiveness - yet these people would never lift a finger, never help they just complained...you can never please everybody no matter how hard you try..so in the end you have to please yourself.
I am sure that at some point mum decided not to listen to the crap but to carry on regardless, because she WANTED to.
So, I do it because I want to, I love to and whether anyone else likes it or not ? well, I just can't please everyone.....

1 comment:

Sticks and Stones may break my bones.....